ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Previewing frame blending in premiere for mixed frame rate material

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierpaolo FerlainoPreviewing frame blending in premiere for mixed frame rate material
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 9:05:21 pm

Hi,
I'm finishing a feature documentary in Premiere. It has mixed frame rates (29.97 in a 25 fps timeline).
To avoid long render times and unnecessary work, I decided to use different techniques for conforming the 29,97 material depending on how it looks. On some shots I simply want to use Premiere frame blending.
Before going to Resolve the edit was H264 in a Prores HQ timeline so when checking "frame blending" for a single clip and rendered it I could preview how the frame blending looked.
Now that I'm back from Resolve I have ProRes HQ material in a Prores HQ timeline and when I apply frame blending for a single clip Premiere assumes no rendering is needed and I can't preview how frame blending looks on that particular shot. I even tried to "render and replace" that shot using a preset with frame blending on but for some reason it does't work. The only way I have to preview frame blending for single shots is to export and reimport the shot them but it's very time consuming.
Any idea on how to force premiere to render frame blending on my timeline?

Return to posts index

Pierpaolo FerlainoRe: Previewing frame blending in premiere for mixed frame rate material
by on Nov 3, 2015 at 12:59:38 pm

Ok, not really solved it but I found a workaround. I just dropped a filter (brightness / contrast in my case) leaving the settings untouched so the image is not affected but it needs to be rendered... and it renders frame blending as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]