ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS6 imports AVCHD .MTS without audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff SpencerPremiere Pro CS6 imports AVCHD .MTS without audio
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 6:05:22 pm

Last month i've bought a new computer, Adobe CS6 Package and a new camera the Panasonic HC-V160. After making my first video i discovered i am unable to import the video (the entire structure) into my project. I've tried almost twenty solutions what can be found on the internet, but the problem remains. That's i've opened this topic.

The only way to make this work is to use Total Video Converter and convert this into MOV file. But i loose video quality and this is not what i want!

I hope someone comes to the rescue.

Thanks in advance.

ps: I receive an message that some file cannot be imported (when i try to import the entire structure via media browser).

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Premiere Pro CS6 imports AVCHD .MTS without audio
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 11:58:01 pm

.MTS files need to be Conformed in Premiere Pro CS6 via the Media Browser. Do you have the entire folder structure some a given media card copied over to your HDD? Without the original folder structure you will run into problems trying to import .MTS files into PPro CS6. Google "Conforming Clips"and AVCHD clips workflow on You Tube for some good tutorials.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

Cliff SpencerRe: Premiere Pro CS6 imports AVCHD .MTS without audio
by on Nov 7, 2015 at 8:51:48 pm

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I have tried everything. Nothing worked so far.

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Premiere Pro CS6 imports AVCHD .MTS without audio
by on Nov 7, 2015 at 8:59:49 pm

Check for a Converter Utility from Panasonic for your camera that will take spanned clips and combine them into a new file that is ProRes422 or 1080p which will import into Premiere Pro CS6. You still might have to conform the single combined file in Premiere Pro CS6 though.

I am working on a project that was shot on an Odyssey Recorder and the mfgr make a converter Utility as described above.

Good luck on your project.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]