ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew PlourdeSound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 3:23:33 am

Gents and ladies, this is my first Super8mm project with sync sound and I have four 20 minute ProRes files of my footage. In each 20 minute stretch of footage I will have multiple scenes and takes and each one needs sound synced up. But the only way I know how to do this in Premiere Pro is to select each scene, drag that individual scene into my timeline and then sync. But that would be insane as I would have all of those sequences in my timeline and have to move them around like a jigsaw puzzle (there are 7 takes of the scene featured in the pic below).

So summing up, the sound will ONLY be linked to the clip in the timeline and that's not tenable.

I would like to sync the sound files to each section so that when I put the video in my SOURCE window, the sound is there as well. The sound synced up for each individual clip.

Is this making sense?

Now there must be a way to do this, either in Premiere or maybe Prelude, but I am stumped and have exhausted any all all search options.

I am on a Windows 7 based PC with Adobe CC (latest) so I have Premiere Pro, Prelude, etc. I have never used Prelude as I have just upgraded from CS5.

Here is a screen grab to give you more of an idea. The clip goes from my bin to the SOURCE window. In that clip are many takes. I have selected take 7. I dragged that take into my timeline and synced the sound, but they are not linked in the source. I need to sync sound up for all the clips in that file that is in that source window.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:23:39 am

Search in Premiere help... There's an app for that. :)

Okay, not an app, but a built-in feature.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Matthew PlourdeRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:28:45 am

I have but I am not finding it.

What I have found just now is that I can sync the clip and then create a new BIN and drag that clip into it. It appears the scene then links and stays linked in that bin. Is that what you are referring to?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 5:10:03 am

http://nofilmschool.com/2014/12/automatically-sync-dual-system-audio-premie...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Matthew PlourdeRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 5:35:45 am

Yes I saw that, though it's not actually relevant to the Super8mm footage. But it IS for my Sony FS700 shot video. :)

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 11:51:41 pm

Plural Eyes 3.5...

Lots of luck on your project. E-mail me if you want to talk offline.

Jon Frost
frostgfx@gmail.com

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:02:42 am

I am going to download the PluralEyes trial version and see what happens. Hopefully the trial software won't be limiting in what it can do. I don't want to spend $200 without being absolutely certain this is the solution. I spent everything I had on my little production.

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Sound syncing multi-clips in a 20 minute ProRes444 file? Tips please.
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:29:49 am

Where are you located??? Plural Eyes Trial is the same as the Full version.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:37:35 am

Jon, I am in China. Was in NYC for many years but I needed some change so i shot my project and came here to edit and work for a while.

Looks like the trail will watermark footage.

I am not finding how to fix my spanned clips problem. The guide says Premiere Pro handles them natiely, etc. etc. I don't see how to use Pluraleyes to fix the problem.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2015 at 4:11:34 am

Catch me at frostgfx@gmail.com. I am up late tonite so give me a try...

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]