ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Weird sound sync issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg MaguireWeird sound sync issue
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 1:18:19 am

So I shot a band in a studio recently. About 7 shots per song on two Black Magic cameras. During the shoot the band simply played along to the CD recording of each song, and they were pretty accurate with it.

Now I'm here in post, all the shots sync to each other really well but when I try and get it to sync back to the CD recording, it drifts. I thought it was that old 44100 vs 48000 Hz issue, so I re-ripped the CD in 48000 Hz, but still no joy.

What am I doing wrong here? Am I misinterpreting how the Hz thing works? The in-camera scratch tracks were recorded at 48000 Hz. Might the CD player we used have been playing it back at a fractionally different speed?

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Weird sound sync issue
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 12:04:37 am

Did you use Plural Eyes 3.5 for your picture to sound sync at the beginning of Post Production? PE allows you to correct for sync drift over the course of a long clip sequence.

Are you editing in Multi-Camera mode?

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

Greg MaguireRe: Weird sound sync issue
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 7:49:56 am

Hi Jon,

Not using Plural Eyes.

I assume because the drummer was playing along with the CD, the audio wasn't similar enough for Premiere Pro's sync feature to work. Ditto for multicamera.

I have setup multicamera for these songs though. I just used an in point for each track and it worked very well. It's the multicamera "nest" that I'm trying to sync too, just doing it manually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]