ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad BusséPr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:29:44 am

Has anyone encountered this? I have a 8-core 2013 Mac Pro w/ 64 GB of RAM.

A project I'm working on has 3 times in the past couple of days caused Mac OS Yosemite (latest update, and latest update to CC 2015), to pause Pr and popup a window telling me that I need to free up memory by closing other apps because there is no available memory.

The first time, it showed Photoshop Server taking up 26 GB in Activity Monitor. I didn't have Ps open, but I did have a PSD file in my Pr sequence. The next couple of times Photoshop Server used less RAM, but here's the latest time it happened when Pr was using 54 GB, kernel_task was using 39 GB, and the OS was using 36 GB of Compressed (virtual) RAM.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a memory leak in Premiere Pro?

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 11:53:51 pm

Check your Preferences about your RAM allocation for PPro. Perhaps you need to increase your RAM for PPro to help out.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

Brad BusséRe: Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Nov 3, 2015 at 2:01:25 am

I had 6 GB reserved for other apps, so 58 GB were available for Pr.

I started a new project today, and am having the same problem. Today when Premiere was paused by the OS, it was using 99.00 GB of memory and 92.33 GB of Compressed Memory.

I've just switched from Performance Mode to Memory Mode and allocated 14 GB of RAM to other apps leaving 50 GB for Pr. We'll see if that helps, but I doubt it--it looks to me that Pr 2015 has a serious memory leak since I've worked with much more complicated projects in the past and never seen this kind of runaway memory usage.

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Nov 3, 2015 at 2:12:19 am

This is exactly why I am still working with CS6 version PPro. I'm not going to buy into the monthly subscription business model that Adobe has chosen.

Do you have all the latest updates for CC2015... or can you revert back to CS6??? Be careful if you choose to migrate to El Capitan anytime soon. I let others work out the bugs before upgrading to the most recent version.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

by on Nov 3, 2015 at 2:37:11 am

Yeah, I have the latest update for 2015 (2015.0.2). I've run pram reset, permissions fix, maintenance cron jobs, file system check, deleted adobe preferences, etc. with no luck.

I know, I'm definitely waiting on El Capitan. I was hoping that shortly after it was released we'd have an update returning Multi-Processor support, and at least some support for the Metal API. Neither of those have come about yet, but I am dealing with these pleasant memory leaks.

Return to posts index

Marco CogumeloRe: Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 6:56:58 pm

I'm having the same problem... 59gb of "RAM" being used for premiere....
Are you using warp stabilizer on your footage?
I'm thinking maybe my problem would be related to warp stabilizer's data that premiere creates on the analysing process, I don't know, in this project I'm trying to stabilize a lot of footage to speed up the stabilize footage...
I've created pro res files from the original MTS from camera, I realize that warp stabilizer doesn't like non editable formats... if I use it too much on mts or mp4 files it constantly crash the project...
That's why I guess that maybe a bug with warp stabilizer plugin would eat a lot of memory... just a guess, I really don't know!

Return to posts index

Eric HengeholdRe: Pr paused by OS Yosemite due to no available application memory
by on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:25:17 am

Even Though this post is old I experienced this problem 3/20/16. I feel obligated to share my experience in hopes that it may help someone else. If you are experiencing a pause in your software during exporting (in my case) I did a direct link to Speedgrade. Even though direct link its not recommended due to many many issues, it usually works. Now in my case it was keyframes in the speed grade application that halted my exports. My project kept pausing (running out of application memory) at 40% which in relativity was exacting where speed grade keyframes existed.

Solution #1 create a EDL of your project and open in Speedgrade then continue from there like normal.
Solution #2 You have already color corrected your timeline and only selected shots have keyframes in them. Export those individual shots from Premier with no LUT. Open them in a new timeline In Speedgrade, save your previous LUT from your already color graded Premier Timeline then copy and past your keyframes. Export from Speedgrade. import back into Premier timeline. Export whole timeline. Problem solved

hope this helps someone!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2016 at 10:22:14 am

Thanks for taking the time to document the details of your fix to share with the community!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]