ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

magnifying on still image premiere pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam diasmagnifying on still image premiere pro
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:24:20 pm

OK I need help with something which will be for most of you very simple. I'm working on a documentary and this is what I want to achieve. I want to show a still image ( a letter) I then want some parts of the latter to come forward which I lay a voice reading it.
I don't know what this this effect is called so if you understand what i am trying to achieve, please help.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: magnifying on still image premiere pro
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 3:56:36 pm
Last Edited By Jon Doughtie on Oct 30, 2015 at 3:57:45 pm

Hi Sam. I want to be sure I comprehending the finished look you are seeking.

If I am understanding you right, you want part of the letter image to "lift above" the rest of the letter as you read that part. This is different from simply zooming in to a portion of the letter.

Have I envisioned your goal correctly?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

sam diasRe: magnifying on still image premiere pro
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 5:12:34 pm

Hi Jon,

thanks for your reply,

if you have the time watch thsi video,

this is more or less what i want to do.

Many Thansk

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: magnifying on still image premiere pro
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 5:39:59 pm

So the zoooming out of DEEZ NUTS and DEEZ W NUTS, where the background goes darker? This is best done in Photoshop and After Effects. Put the document on the lowest level...and you can scale it to fill the page...and then keyframe the movement top to bottom. Stop it where you want...etc.

Now, in Photoshop...using that main document, select the areas you want to move out to the front. And COPY and PASTE them onto new PS documents...making separate files. Now, layer those into AFTER EFFECTS as well, so when you stop, you put these on the layers above...scale them down and adjust them to start where they start on the document...then scale them up and bring them to where you want...keyframing the movement. And then at the same time, keyframe the opacity of the main document down to 30% or so. Defocus it too, if you want to make those really stand out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]