ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Editing a project in Premiere with another person, distantly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gillian MarsollierEditing a project in Premiere with another person, distantly
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:33:13 pm

Hello,

We are relatively new to editing and are hoping for some help on how to edit together as we live in different cities.

She is on a PC and I am on a Mac. She is the main editor on this project. I can use her Premiere (as two computers can use the same account?), but we are unsure of how I can work on a sequence distally and then send it to her for final edit when completed. We both have all of the raw footage on a hard drive. Can I easily access her Premiere, make a copy of a sequence (so as not to disrupt the original), and then send it back to her?

Can anyone send us some advice or even point us towards a video or article that can help?

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Sam LanesRe: Editing a project in Premiere with another person, distantly
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 11:46:12 am

As you both have the original footage, then you will be able to simply share the (tiny) Premiere Pro sequence files. You will both need to relink all the footage once you open the project you have just recieved, but if you have your footage in an identical file structure at both sides, this will be very easy, as Premiere has very fast at finding related files these days.

You can share the project file via email, or even have a 'live' project running in a shared Google Drive or dropbox. (you should be careful to make frequent backups, as you say).

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Editing a project in Premiere with another person, distantly
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:03:58 pm

hi..

read this thread before you BEGIN bring media into Ppro to start working....

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/963613#963725

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Matthew PlourdeRe: Editing a project in Premiere with another person, distantly
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 1:08:18 pm

Thank you for this thread. I am in the exact same scenario. I am on a PC and editing and my editing partner is on the other side of the world on a MAC. We each have a hard drive with the exact same project files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]