ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Preview Monitor and Source monitor only plays audio.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rui SimõesPreview Monitor and Source monitor only plays audio.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 11:43:14 am

Hello guys!

I'm trying to deal with some sort of issue with premiere in a new system...
I've worked with premiere without any kind of problem for the past 4 years on my older machines.
Since I bought a new machine, I've been having this issue over and over again, for 2 weeks I've been doing nothing but trying to solve this issue, deadlines arriving, clients ringing... A total mess :(

This is what happens:
I create a new project, import the media, create the sequence, and after a while, If I double click a clip, the source monitor won't show the video, only plays the audio, same happens with the preview monitor. :( If I drag it to the timeline, the preview monitor will stay freeze, only sound plays, no image whatsoever.

This is what i've done so far:

Clean format with windows 8.1 ; windows 10;
Tryied both CS6 , CC 2014 , CC 2015 in both OS's. (same problem, doesn't matter what project I open or create)
Tryed Nvidia previous version drivers,
Updated all my system drivers;
Replaced RAM for a new one;
I've tried to configure everything sugested in adobe forums etc in premiere settings (Playback settings, Mercury Playback Engine only, etc.

Nothing seems to solve this issue.

This are my system specs:

Intel i7 6700k
Asus Maximus VIII hero
16Gb DDR 4 Gskill
Samsung EVO PRO SSD 260Gb
Crucial MX100 SSD 260GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
WD Black Edition 2TB
EVGA Goldnova 850w

The system is fully stable, i've done every kind of stress test to it and it's all good.
If I try to work on Avid Media Composer everything works fine...

Sorry for the long post, fact is I'm becoming really desperate about this situation, I only hope that some of you can give me the insight for this problem, since I don't really know what to do anymore...

Regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]