ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew PlourdeBroken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:03:36 am

Gents, I have researched this from those answers and with much trial and error have continually failed at a solution on 3/4 of my clips.

The Sony FS700 camera uses a "spanned clips" method of recording so takes over a certain length are broken up into multiple video files. PP is supposed to understand how to keep the clips together as one piece, but I cannot get this to happen on much of what we shot.

I have looked at these resources...

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0
-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/transferring-importing-files.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/importing-assets-tapeless-formats...

Media Browser is the listed method of importing and I am using it. I have the files exactly as I was given them. For some of what we shot, it's just fine and imports a-okay.

I wish I could post pictures, but I am in China behind a VPN and cannot seem to upload any pics. Sorry.

Anyway, those files that upload correctly seem to have the exact file structure of the Sony FS700's card. Including the all important PRIVATE folder.

However, the last majority of my footage was NOT provided to me with this structure. The structure on my HDD for the footage in question is as follows...
G:\DigitalVideo\Sony 2k footage\]CLIPS[_________ODYSSEY\CLIP0000816

817, 818, etc. etc.

No matter what I do I have multiple video pieces for each SINGLE take. I have looked around, watched video, read at length and cannot find a soltuion. The entire project is at a complete stand-still as I continue to fail to properly import my footage.

I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

My system is Windows 7 based. Adobe CC Premiere Pro, all updates.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:37:06 pm

How strange that Sony Vegas does the same thing to clips over a certain length.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:47:21 pm

Have you taken a look at them in Prelude?

Return to posts index

Matthew PlourdeRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 2:03:33 pm

I must admit that I have never used Prelude.

Return to posts index

Buddy Brett RamkerRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 4:11:58 pm

Use Prelude to import your assets from the Media Card. That should sort it. We used to have the same issue with spanned p2 clips.

Return to posts index

Matthew PlourdeRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:37:20 am

I do not have the media card. The assets were given to me on a hard drive. That's what I have to work with.

Here is a link to a screen-cap showing what I see. This is how the assets were given to me:

This is what I have.

For the assets that DO import properly I have this on the hard drive:

I hope someone can help me with this. I am tearing my hair out trying to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Eric SternbergerRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 10:27:41 am

This looks like your 2K data has been recorded with the odyssey-recorder. That´s an external device you can attach to the FS700 an record directly into ProRes or DNxHd Codec. The Files from the internal SD-Card look right. Maybe check Clipwrap

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2015 at 12:56:35 pm

Isn't Clipwrap MAC only? I am on a PC.

Return to posts index

Buddy Brett RamkerRe: Broken up video w/Sony FS700 and Adobe CC PremPro. Really stuck with spanned clip insanity. Need advice.
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 7:08:50 pm

I would at every tier of that folder archive with Prelude and try to get it to read it. If it can read it it will stitch the clips together and make them ready for an easy workflow. It looks like the original folder structure from the media card is intact on that drive.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:13:03 am

I am downloading the trial version of PluralEyes to see if it can fix this problem.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2015 at 8:08:03 am

It just gets deeper and deeper. :( I have downloaded PluralEyes an am trying to use it to get things going. It does understand Spanned clips when I stick them in and that is great. But I am 100% unable to add the audio and try to sync. It just won't let me. See this?

Meanwhile the Sony Card footage, which Premiere Pro reads fine, has it's own isues in Plural Eyes. The audio will not sync up. See this?

So most of the clips will not sync (and I tried every variation talked about in the tutorials) AND the video will not play.

I'm getting one hell of a headache here. I feel like I felt 5+ years ago when I just started editing and wonder if I have to go back to school to get up to speed. I am really and truly stuck.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]