ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere cc crashes when wav files added into sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther CasasPremiere cc crashes when wav files added into sequence
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:40:02 pm

Hello everyone!

I am working with the latest version V 9.0 2015 Premiere CC with latest update and bug fixes and I still get a bug that i am trying to fix unsuccessfully. I work with many sequences and WAV files. It works fine until I add the WAV files into sequence and edit with them. Once I start cutting/moving around the WAV files Premiere will crash. I will have to restart couple of time before it works again. Sometimes it will work fine but then I can't hear the music at all...

I am on 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB RAM, OS X Yosemite.
I "cleaned" the memory cache folder from Premiere preferences already..still same issue.

I am on a deadline and this is making impossible the workflow. Anybody has encountered this problem before?

Thank you!!!
Esther.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premiere cc crashes when wav files added into sequence
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:27:47 pm

What exactly are the specs of those WAV files Esther? Please keep in mind, no one here is being paid to answer questions, and whenever you ask a question, if you don't give us the necessary info we'd need to give you an educated answer, it means extra back and forth posting, which is not efficient for you or for those trying to give you help.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Esther CasasRe: Premiere cc crashes when wav files added into sequence
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 12:28:53 pm

Hello David, thank you for your response.

I know everyone helps for free, and is much much appreciate it! This is why I thought I was giving all the information needed. Sorry if I didn't. But I don't know exactly what is needed to know about the .WAV files I am using...What exactly do you mean with specs on these .wav?

On the other hand, same issue happens when adding .AIF files, as I was troubleshooting this issue and Premiere crashes only when I work with audio files in general.

I hope this helps?

Thanks again David!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]