ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfredo Rodriguezmix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 9:06:04 pm

Hi forum! I'm workin in Premiere Pro 2014 and my friend is collaborating with me, but he created his sequence in 2015. Premiere Pro won't let me open his project file because of backwards-incompatibility.

I need to use his sequence in my timeline. Is there a way to make this work?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 9:50:23 pm

You can send him your projects and he can open them, but as with almost every app around, you cannot open projects from a more modern version of the app in your older version.

The only way you can successfully collaborate would be for your friend to send you an XML, and that may or may not have perfect fidelity, depending on applied effects, and the complexity of the project.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Alfredo RodriguezRe: mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 9:55:01 pm

I was hoping it could be done somehow with XML because, in fact, it IS a simple project. It doesn't use any features that belong to the modern version, I think. Just a dozen videos placed on his timeline with basic cuts and some overdubbed audio files.

Okay, recommend any tutorials on how to pull this off? I'm not an XML expert but I am technical and can handle coding terminilogy, etc.

Thanks for the reply!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:01:45 pm

Just go for it... It's pretty automatic. I did an XML export and import from FCP 7 last week with nearly perfect fidelity - a few audio clips translated shorter in Premiere than they should have, but all else was perfect.

If you have any specific questions about where to find XML import/export, or how it works, just search Adobe's excellent Help function, it'll certainly point you in the right direction and to the right places.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Alfredo RodriguezRe: mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:04:36 pm

XML export...okay. Thanks, David!

Return to posts index

Emily ThwaitesRe: mix sequences from CC 2014 & CC 2015
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:02:27 am
Last Edited By Emily Thwaites on Nov 2, 2015 at 5:04:34 am

HELP
I tried having someone export a premiere 2015 project as an xml so that I could open it in my premiere 2014 however it doesn't seem to have carried over the multi-cam video. Any multi-cam clips in a sequence show up as a blank space in the video track.

Is there anything else I can try to get this to work?
Long story short, I'm running the Lion OS and don't want to mess up my FCP 7 by switching to El Capitan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]