ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

I need to see the back side of my clips!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manvel AvetisyanI need to see the back side of my clips!
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 9:12:16 am

might sound weird...I created some clips using after effects where i have videos transitioning from one clip to another. to achieve a seamless flow i had to "flip" videos horizontally and even time-reverse them, but i got it done. trouble is when i export the AFX project as a premiere pro and open it in premiere, the clips i "flipped" show up blank because they have a negative "width"...so is there a way i can make premiere "see" the back side of the videos? like make them double-sided? i know i can reverse the clips again and put a "horizontal flip" effect on them to achieve the same thing in premiere, but i dont want to go back and do that to every clip, there are many. I hope im making sense. THanks!

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: I need to see the back side of my clips!
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:18:44 am

If you used the 3D tools in AE to rotate the videos 180 degrees that won't translate into Premiere Pro. AE has a "Flip Horizontal" tool that does the same thing as Premiere Pro tool of the same name. Should use that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Manvel AvetisyanRe: I need to see the back side of my clips!
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 9:17:17 pm

Thank you for your response. I did not use a 3D tool to flip the video. I simple gave it a negative width. Like grabbing the side and flipping it over itself. Sucks that it doesn't translate to premiere...irritating. I remember back in college something about turning on "two sided video" to see the video broom the "back side" I'f you flip it this way...maybe I'm confusing it with someone else...

Anywho, guess there is no way to view a video with a negative width setting in premiere.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]