ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary ChildressWhere can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 12:35:35 am

Doing a project that must be done in Premiere Pro 2014 to keep the project compatible with client's own version of PP.
Where can I find a 2014 installer? I am a CC subscriber.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 1:34:12 am

[Gary Childress] "Where can I find a 2014 installer? I am a CC subscriber."

By default I think the CC app shows the latest versions but if you scroll down you should see a heading for "previous versions".

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Tero AhlforsRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 7:42:17 am

[Duke Sweden] "This is an Adobe authorized website, not a pirate site."

That site looks shady as all hell. I wouldn't download anything from that because everything you need you can get through the official Creative Cloud app.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 12:12:04 pm

All you can get there are trial versions and updates. There are no cracks or serial numbers. But, hey, don't let me stop you from being paranoid.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2015 at 3:26:37 pm

[Duke Sweden] "All you can get there are trial versions and updates. There are no cracks or serial numbers. But, hey, don't let me stop you from being paranoid."

Did you even look at the number 1 point in their VERY IMPORTANT THINGS BEFORE DOWNLOADING-list? That whole page reeks of grade A referral spam bullshit and there's no way it has anything officially to do with Adobe.

If I were you I'd run an adware/virus check on my system.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2015 at 3:57:46 pm

Did you click on the link!?! It takes you to Adobe where you have to enter your username and password in order to download from Adobe's website. After doing so it forwards to the download page for Elements. After that you can go back to original site and download the different software.

Sheesh, what a baby. And I don't have to run spamware detectors, once the programs expired I deleted them from my computer, with no problems.

Return to posts index

Gary ChildressRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 4:23:18 pm

Cool you jets pal. I did find the download through the CC app before the first person even responded to this thread. It's in another post of mine to this thread.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 1:08:39 pm

You need to go into the Previous Versions section of the Creative Cloud App.

Follow these instructions from my blog about downloading Encore CS6. Just go to Premiere Pro CC2014 instead. http://walterbiscardi.com/downloading-adobe-encore-for-dvd-authoring/

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Gary ChildressRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 1:16:48 pm

I did find the install as everybody mentioned. But now I have a wierd problem where PP2014 says that the projects were created in a newer version and can't be opened. Yet in PP2015 the same projects will open with the created in a prior version error and they must be converted.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2015 at 4:40:30 pm

If you jump up a version number you can open project from older versions. You can't open projects made on newer versions. You can transfer a project over with an XML of the timelines you need.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 5:50:00 pm

There is nothing wrong with downloading from ProDesignTools. Its legit and they have access to Adobes downloads.
If you use the CC app you are downloading the first version. If you update within the program it will install the last version
So there is no way to get the version in between (if required).

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2015 at 6:05:39 pm

Thank you, Ann. Now, whose jets are cooled!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2015 at 6:24:24 pm

[Gary Childress] "I did find the install as everybody mentioned. But now I have a wierd problem where PP2014 says that the projects were created in a newer version and can't be opened. Yet in PP2015 the same projects will open with the created in a prior version error and they must be converted."

You can't take a project backwards in versions. You need to make an XML from CC2015 and then open that in CC2014.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 6:33:03 pm

XML means you are left with just the edits and some transitions.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:17:15 am

[Ann Bens] "XML means you are left with just the edits and some transitions."

Not when it's Premiere Pro to Premiere Pro. Everything comes across just fine. At least in my experience.

Going between NLEs things get lost in translation, but when just moving from a Premiere version to Premiere version, everything comes across just fine.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Where can I find Premiere Pro 2014
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 6:52:48 pm

[Gary Childress] "I did find the install as everybody mentioned. But now I have a wierd problem where PP2014 says that the projects were created in a newer version and can't be opened. Yet in PP2015 the same projects will open with the created in a prior version error and they must be converted.

Any ideas?"

I've heard about this error occasionally (same version used but you get the 'newer version' message) but never encountered it myself (at least not with PPro, I happened to me more than once with the old FCP). Try creating a new project in in 2014 and then using the Media Browser to import the project you want to work on. I've had a couple of PPro projects get corrupt and I've used this method to generate a 'clean slate' so to speak.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]