ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Another Disk Setup for Premiere Pro CC Topic

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damien BennecksAnother Disk Setup for Premiere Pro CC Topic
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 11:29:04 pm

Hi there,
My current PC configuration is: Intel Core i7 3770K, 16GB Ram, GTX 670, 1x120GB SSD, 2x1TB HDD, 2x0,5TB HDD.

For the past year I've been working on the following setup:
120 GB SSD - OS + Adobe CC Programs
1TB HDD - Other programs + Projects
1TB HDD - Media Files
0,5TB HDD - Export, Pagefile
0,5TB HDD - Media Cache + Captured Audio/Video + Audio/Video Previews

[I have also one more 0,5TB HDD but it's old with weak performance)

I've moved to editing 2K recently and Premiere can hardly deal with it. I understand that my CPU isn't good enough for it, but I wonder if there is anything I can do with my current disk setup to improve the performance? Would you recommend changing anything?

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Another Disk Setup for Premiere Pro CC Topic
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 12:58:17 am

You can do a few things to try to boost your 2K workflow.
Max out the RAM in your PC.
upgrade your main CPU if possible for your mother board.
Upgrade your GPU card to increase the number of CUDA cores and graphics memory to something like 6+ GB. Make certain that your computer power supply can handle the increased load.

I notice that you don't have a "backup' plan... So I would recommend you invest in a serious RAID array for RAID 10 (mirrored and redundant.) Another consideration is the transfer speed (USB 2.0, 3.0, Firewire 400/800, E-SATA, etc.) I like the G-TEchnology drives and RAID arrays.

You might want to browse the RED camera sites here or on the web for more suggestions.

Best of luck...

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

Damien BennecksRe: Another Disk Setup for Premiere Pro CC Topic
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 5:22:07 pm

Thank you for your suggestions Jon Frost. I don't want to buy any hardware right now, I just wonder wheter my disk setup is optimal or should I allocate my content in different way to have a better performance?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]