ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How do you copy footage in AE without having an intermediate comp created in CC2015?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyHow do you copy footage in AE without having an intermediate comp created in CC2015?
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 4:38:12 pm

Hello,

Not really sure if this question belongs to this forum or AE, so apologies if this is the wrong place.

It used to be up to CC2014 that if I copied a clip from Premiere and pasted it into AE, as long as I had previously created comp, the clip would land ok with the in and out points properly set.

On CC2015, I recently discovered, much to my chagrin, that AE will create an intermediate comp for the in and out points of the clips I try to bring in from Premiere via copy/paste. Out of 20 or so clips I brought into AE this way only one came in directly, without being nested in a comp. I checked if it had any plug ins applied in Premiere, a different frame rate than the comp where I pasted it, etc. and nothing, the clip appears to be the same as the others that have been pasting inside automatically created comps.

Can anyone explain me what's the criteria for this? How do I avoid it entirely? I'd much prefer to paste clips directly on the already existing comp.

Thanks in advance,
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]