ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Title or text zoom question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William PayneTitle or text zoom question
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 4:05:28 pm

My preacher is working on a video he is building using premiere pro cs5.5 and he has found an effect that he really likes in a video he saw on YouTube. I don't have the video at my finger tips right now as I am on the road but I will try to explain the effect the best I can.

The effect is text starting out far from camera/display and coming towards the camera/display but not changing its quality or look or distorting or blurring. It is transparent also if I remember.

Has anyone seen this type of effect? Is it something easy to do in premiere or does he need a separate plugin for titles such as fx factory or other add-on?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyckRe: Title or text zoom question
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 4:31:27 pm

It's hard to answer that question from the description. If you could find the link on YouTube that would really help us try to figure it out

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After Effects CC
Cinema 4d r14

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Title or text zoom question
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 6:22:16 pm

I would guess what is being described is a z-axis move from near-infinity towards and past the "camera".

To get the text clean all the way through, You will want to create and render the move in After Effects with alpha channel, then bring it into your Premiere Pro timeline, and adjust transparency there (Opacity in Effects panel) to your liking.

That is, if I am guessing right. Easy to do. Just a little file rendering time.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

William PayneRe: Title or text zoom question
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 9:05:50 pm

Here is the video. It is by the casting crowns, song is come to the well. The title is at around the 1.25 mark.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

William PayneRe: Title or text zoom question
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 9:52:09 pm

Is the text done in the video using the process that Jon mentioned above or was it done by add-on?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]