ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 close to unusable (Possible SAN issues?)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DurandPremiere Pro CC 2015 close to unusable (Possible SAN issues?)
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 3:17:07 pm

Hi,

Curious if anyone else is experiencing massive complications with CC2015

Having a terrible experience with CC2015 in general but particularly with Premiere. Freezing, crashing, audio tracks muting themselves, tracks renaming themselves, UI freezing and going non-responsive, files disappearing from their bins only to show again on reboot, Lumetri components occasionally not rendering on export, intermittent sluggishness in editing, thumbnails refreshing themselves every two seconds, and more have been plaguing my system for months. Typically deal with R3Ds but these issues all present in all kinds of sessions. Did not realize how used to working around these I had become until I sat with a client last week to edit and had to reboot twice and disable audio clips and adjust volume using clip effects.

Running 2014 Mac Trashcan on up to date Yosemite: 64 GB RAM, 12-core Intel Xeon E5 2.7 GHz, AMD FirePro D700, 1 TB Flash Storage editing remotely on a 64TB SAN connection via 10 Gb Ethernet...

It seems as though Premiere should be fine with those specs. Does not seem to be machine specific as I've tried two other trashcans with matching specs on the network as well as two different MacBooks. Is the newest update really this buggy for anyone else? Does CC2015 possibly have known issues running remote media? Copying locally and working still presents with a lot of the above issues.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 close to unusable (Possible SAN issues?)
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 4:19:54 pm

Specs are fine, something is seriously wrong with your set-up though. We've run ethernet based shared storage over 8 years now first with FCP and for four years with PPro. No issues like you're describing. We do not, however, run any trashcan Macs as I refuse to buy them.

We run a combination of iMac with Thunderbolt converter (10gigE), older Mac Pro and Windows Dell workstations. Absolutely nothing like you describe. Is the NAS properly set up to work with Premiere Pro? We run Studio Network Solutions EVO config and it's amazing along with an older model Small Tree rig.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]