ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Media Cache File Mystery

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darin GriffithMedia Cache File Mystery
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 4:02:54 pm

Here is my mystery. Premiere CS6 (on Windows 7 64 bit PC) conforms the files that I import into my project, no problem there, but I recently noticed a strange phenomenon. While browsing the Media Cache file folder I notice that Premiere creates multiple versions of the source file. These files are getting out of hand in size.

For example, I have a source file (a movie) that is a 1080p MP4, and the file size is 2.1 GB. When I look in the Media Cache folder I see that there are multiple files for this movie totaling a whopping 25.3 GB! Why would Premiere create 25 GB of files to "deal with" a 2.1 GB source file? I am very confused here. Another file is 2.3 GB and it has 7.71 GB of files related to it.

The project I'm working on is massive since I'm using dozens of HD movies as source material but the media cache folder is now an unbelievable 484 GB at the moment! Of course, I have already gone through and deleted unnecessary files, used the Clean Cache, and policed all my files really well. Anybody have any input on why there are so many big files in my cache? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Nov 6, 2015 at 3:36:36 pm.

Post removed by author on Nov 6, 2015 at 3:36:24 pm.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]