ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Crash - How to begin debugging

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christina rulePremiere Pro Crash - How to begin debugging
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 8:38:31 pm

I am reaching out to my fellow Premiere people in hopes to save my sanity.

Premiere crashes on me on a daily and I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. I've tried re-installing, updating, cleaning off drives, clearing unused footage from projects, removing FXs and nothing seems to help. I am curious as to where I would start to actually try and find what is causing the program to crash. Is there a log I can go through?

I'm using PP CC 2015 2015.0.2. release
windows 7 professional
intel r Xeon (r)
96GB memory
64bit

thanks in advance

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: Premiere Pro Crash - How to begin debugging
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 11:06:08 pm

you might try trashing your preferences.

Return to posts index

Eli CooganRe: Premiere Pro Crash - How to begin debugging
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 6:18:29 pm

I'm in the same boat, but as far as possible solutions, I've encountered:

- Uncheck "Sum multichannel outputs to Mono in Source Monitor" and "Maintain pitch while shuttling" to solve the source monitor scrubbing crash.

- Yesterday, on my post, Kevin responded about using OpenCL instead of CUDA if you have it, and trying to check your permissions folders. Also, basically not having any other program open. The thread here:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/970837

- I've heard that if you're starting a project on another computer and switching it over, instead of just opening it, you should start a new project and import it.

Other than those, I'm still searching for a way to make it more stable. I've been crashing three or four times a day. Pretty frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]