ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

long form 1080 deliverable 1080 and 4k source pipeline setup questions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Udelllong form 1080 deliverable 1080 and 4k source pipeline setup questions
by on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:52:38 pm

Hey All...

I'm going to go help a non video editor buddy of mine with home project and get him going.

It's long form. It's 3 consumer cameras of mixed resolution.

I think some 1080 and some 4k.

In prepping myself to help him.

I'm doing some test where I flip material to Cineform 1080. Even on my sad home computer this is playing back very nicely.

I'll probably have some source side baseline CC applied.

I'm hoping his GPU is Mercury capable.

My idea is really to have him cut and deliver at 1080p (a realistic deliverable for him) and then use native 4k replace areas where he might want to reframe material.

I think this is a pretty reasonable expectation for a pipeline.

What do you guys think?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: long form 1080 deliverable 1080 and 4k source pipeline setup questions
by on Oct 19, 2015 at 1:26:08 pm

Update...

All went well last night.

He had already done the hard work of creating a master sync timeline...
So I showed hum how to move that into a multi-cam timeline which he was totally blown away by.

Prior to my arrival...he had moved the project he started to a better machine (i7 with 32gb RAM and a good GFX card). So he has enough power to handle a couple of 4k Sony (XAVC?) streams and some 1080's with color correction applied on the multi-cam setup. Right now he's still working off a USB3 drive. I was pretty impressed. Not flawless, but pretty good playback. No transcode or proxying will be necessary for him to cut.

So he'll have fun cutting with that for a few days. Then we can deal with some finishing work (secondary animation, color correction). He's and audio engineer and sound designer....so we'll export some stems and a proxy and he can mix to that.

On a side note....and completely hilariously....one of his two CPU monitors was a touch screen. So when I showing him multicam I accidentally found out that you can so the real time multicamera switching by touching the camera in the multi-view monitor. AWESOMENESS!

We really had a great time. As this guy is a friend and a former college teacher of mine. It was great to spend some time giving back to him, as he had such a positive impact on my life direction.

cheers,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: long form 1080 deliverable 1080 and 4k source pipeline setup questions
by on Oct 19, 2015 at 1:52:41 pm

It is always fun to watch someone discover the creative power they have in front of them.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]