ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

cs6 Premiere Pro two disk setup

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Davidsoncs6 Premiere Pro two disk setup
by on Oct 17, 2015 at 2:07:22 am

Hi everyone... using Premiere pro cs6... my laptop has a 750mb 7200 HDD, which i currently have windows 7 64 and Premiere on.. and a second 120gb SSD, which i use as premiere's media cache and preview file drive, and if i can fit the project files and video files on it, i'll put them there too. if not, they go on the 750gb HDD.

I'd love to re-install windows 7/all my programs on the SSD, and use the SSD for media cache/preview files, and the 750gb HDD as my project/media file drive... but my a fast Premiere editing experience is more important than win7 and programs booting up quicker..

how would you recommend i set up my system, with my 750gb 7200 HDD, and my 120gb SSD?

Return to posts index

Adam FrimerRe: cs6 Premiere Pro two disk setup
by on Oct 17, 2015 at 11:36:24 am

windows alone weighs in at almost 15 gb just by itself with all the additives and what not you can easily get to 25 gb. All the programs assuming you work with the entirety of the major programs in creative cloud weigh in about another 20 gb. thats close to 45 gb of basically no hard material... working from the SSD is incredibly difficult at 120. I would install all of your boots and programs for the SSD; also for cache.
hard material (materials for work; not softwares but yes plugins (as a back up) are included) should be on the HDD
I like to think of it like this if i need to wipe my SSD I wouldnt mind meanwhile i have a back up always running of my HDD which runs in raid anyways.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]