ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Mixing 6K, 1080P, 1:85.1

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael PaulucciMixing 6K, 1080P, 1:85.1
by on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:51:25 am

Hello!

I recently shot a short film in 6K on a Red Epic, and got 1080P BCAM footage from a Canon C300. Now, when I drag the C300 footage into the 6K timeline, it obviously looks bad scaled UP. I have a few things that I want to clear up.

1. The RED footage is 6144x3072 (2:1). We framed everything for a 1.85:1. How do I get Premiere to display a 1.85 Sequence?

2. What should my MAIN timeline sequence be in, if I know I will always need those C300 shots in my final film? Should I edit in the 1.85:1 equivalent of a 1920x1080 timeline? If I do, is their a shortcut so I don't always have to scale down every 6K piece of footage I drag in?

3. The C300 footage is only in one scene, and it is very brief. Should I just edit that sequence in the 1080 (1.85:1 equivalent timeline?). I feel like NESTING may possibly come into play here, but am not sure.

4. My main delivery will be film festivals/internet, but I would love to have a 4K master (or even 2K master). Keeping the 1080 C300 stuff in mind, is there a happy medium where I can scale up this footage and not have it look bad?

5. Do I need to keep anything in mind when I export to a professional colorist who works in Da Vinci? What should I give him format wise, and what should I expect back when I need to relink footage and mastered audio.

6. I do really well with step by step directions.

This isn't my first rodeo, but pretty new with the mixing of footage. I would love someone to help me set this up the right way NOW. So I am not screwed LATER.

Thank you!!

-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]