ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

machting selects from one timeline to synced clips on another

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shaheen nazeralimachting selects from one timeline to synced clips on another
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 10:29:47 pm

Hello CreativeCow community -

I have a workflow question that I'd love to find a more efficient solution to.

My director went ahead and pulled selects from a single camera sequence, which is not synced to the external audio, nor to Cam B. These are the selects he'd like me to use, but of course I need to use these selects with the external audio. I'd also like to switch between the two cameras.

Up till now, I've been using the match frame function and noting the timecode of the in-point of each select and then going to my synced timeline, finding the clip and the timecode of the in-point and creating a new sequence of selects, but this time they include the second camera and external audio.

I'm almost done with this sequence but it turns out he's done this for other sequences too. I'm wondering if there's a better way to go about this in the future.

Any thoughts? Thank you for your attention on this.
I'm working in Premiere Pro version 9

s

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpineRe: machting selects from one timeline to synced clips on another
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 6:31:08 pm

If you don't have overlays turned on your program monitor, you should do that. Then instead of using match frame you can just glance at the program monitor to see your in-point. That saves one step at least. Also, it's quicker to browse your synced timeline with the displays on.

Nathan McAlpine
Sales Promotion & Production
WDIV Local 4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]