ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't import a clip shot on Sony PXW160

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin McCullaCan't import a clip shot on Sony PXW160
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 8:03:44 am

Hi

I need some help please. We have a clip (approx 29mins long) shot on a Sony PXW160 camera on the following setting 420 HQ 50i. When I import the clip into CS4 the clip shows up but only plays for about 10 seconds then image and sound stop but time code carries on. I also tried to import it into CS6 on another system and there I just get the media pending option. I've let them both like that overnight in case the fact that it's a clip that is 7.7GB in size it might take some time to import but it's still the same.

I then tried to import into Final Cut Pro 7 using the Sony content browser I used in the past and it says the clip is corrupted?

The entire clip plays on the camera off the card and plays entirely on VLC off the drive.

Client is looking for a compressed version of the interview but I'm failing to to do this as it won't import correctly.

Anyone with any ideas what might be the problem will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Gavin

Return to posts index

mark thompsonRe: Can't import a clip shot on Sony PXW160
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:03:18 pm

Gavin,
have you tried Sony Catalyst Browse? They just released an update so it will be newer than your camera (unlike the other tools you tried)
If it plays there, they have a Transcode option that may get it into a format that your NLE may like better.

Do you have just a small clip that you could upload? if you do I will have a look.

None of that will help if it is corrupt :-(

Return to posts index

Gavin McCullaRe: Can't import a clip shot on Sony PXW160
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 7:24:23 am

Hi Thomas

No I haven't tried that, it might be on my mac at home, I'll check and see. Thanks.

The plan I've had to make at the moment is record the clip onto my Atomos Shogun via the camera and am using that clip at the moment. But still can't import the clip off the card. A Sony engineer has said that maybe the camera switched off prematurely and the clip didn't close properly but we still can't sort it.

Gavin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]