ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben HolmesPremiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 3:58:25 am
Last Edited By Ben Holmes on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:05:53 am

I've just installed the new version of Premiere CC 2015. It is a demo copy for now, until I can pay for a yearly license in a few days. I'm on a Macbook Pro Retina, late 2013 model.

I was editing a project in PP CC 2014, then updated to the demo 2015, and now I am getting an issue with the playback monitors. I have attached an example image.

photo Premiere Screenshot_1.jpg

The funny thing is, playback is fine. When I play the timeline, it plays fine. Just when I stop/pause, it gives me the distorted screen as shown above. I have tried exporting, and unfortunately the error is contained throughout the exported file (tried Prores and mp4 h264).

I have tried re-rendering preview files, as well as changing the preview format from i-mpeg to QT h264. Still the issue persists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Just as a note, I am not connected to any external tape capturing devices or anything of the sort. Just me and my laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:03:01 am

You upgraded to El Capitan. As a workaround you might want to turn off the GPU accelerated Mercury Playback Engine in the project settings.

Return to posts index

Ben HolmesRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:10:48 am

Thanks, worked. What a bumber. Any downsides to not using GPU accelerated Mercury Playback Engine? I'm hoping the issue will be solved asap...

I've put it onto 'Software Only'. Cheers for the help!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:33:20 am

Just a protip for the future: Never ever upgrade a Mac OS before the developers of the software you use say it's OK.

Return to posts index

Ben HolmesRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Major Playback Issue
by on Oct 14, 2015 at 4:40:25 am

Lesson learned, thanks.

So far, cons easily outweigh the benefits of upgrading to OSX El Capitan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]