ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Working with different format videos.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassandra HellbergWorking with different format videos.
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:45:16 pm

Hey there!
Firstly im new to creative cow, secondly im new to Premiere Pro CS6 and video editing. I have been reading some other posts, related to the same topic but im still a little confused as what to do. Im working on two different video formats. One was with a very shitty photo camera, and the other, a great video camera.
These are the formats:

Type: QuickTime Movie
File Size: 8,1 MB
Image Size: 640 x 480
Frame Rate: 30,00
Source Audio Format: 11024 Hz - 8 bit - Mono
Project Audio Format: 11025 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
Total Duration: 00:00:07:00
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 648,0 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 29,97
Total Duration: 00:03:46:10
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0

Possible, to combine the two into one format? This video will be made for online use. possibly dvd too...
Thanks!!!
Cassandra

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Working with different format videos.
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 9:22:45 pm

It looks like you have one standard def file and one high def file. So if you would like the material from both to fill the screen, you have two options.

1 - Make a standard def timeline based on the first clip. Scale down your second HD clip until it fits top-to-bottom in the composition. The left and right edges will be cut off, because the aspect ratio of your SD clip is 4:3, and your HD clip is 16:9.

2 - Make a high def timeline based on your second clip. Scale up your first SD clip until it fits either top-to-bottom or left edge-to-right edge. It will not look great, because you have to blow up standard def video. If you make it fit top-to-bottom, you will have black bars on the left and right of the screen, again because of aspect ratio mismatch.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Cassandra HellbergRe: Working with different format videos.
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 7:25:06 am

Thanks a ton! Will try out your advice and get back to you! Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Irene SinouWorking Format in Premiere
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 6:28:31 pm

Hey there,
I'm also new to Premiere (I normally edit on Final Cut).
And am wondering what is the best working format with Premiere (equivalent to ProRes).
I've got a bunch of filming format to edit and I'd like to work on a single format...
Thank's so much

I.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Working Format in Premiere
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 8:18:09 pm

[Irene Sinou] "And am wondering what is the best working format with Premiere (equivalent to ProRes).
I've got a bunch of filming format to edit and I'd like to work on a single format... "

PPro doesn't have a de facto format to work in. You could change everything to ProRes or DNxHD or Cineform... whatever you want (that ideally runs well on your machine).

Return to posts index

Irene SinouRe: Working Format in Premiere
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 6:42:02 am

Thank you so much Andrew for your answer. It'll be in prores to start with while discovering the specifities of ppro...
Have a nice day.
I.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]