ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with Downscaled DSLR Time Lapse in 4K Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike KirschProblem with Downscaled DSLR Time Lapse in 4K Timeline
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 11:31:55 pm
Last Edited By Mike Kirsch on Nov 3, 2015 at 11:26:43 pm

EDIT: SOLVED - In order to fix this scaling issue, you need to right click on the clip after adding it to the timeline and deselect "Scale to Frame Size". 100% will now be a true oversized image that you can scale down as desired.

Hi All! I'm having a problem with PP CC 2015 downscaling footage in a 4K timeline.

I created a timeline in PP with 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have a bunch of time lapse clips shot on a 60D at 5184x3156, which I rendered out of AE at their full resolution using ProRes422. When I drop them into my 3840x2160 timeline in Premiere, they are scaled down and pillar boxed, but the Scale under the Motion tab in Effect Controls reads 100%, which means I have to scale the clip UP to make it fill the full 4K (UHD) frame. Shouldn't it drop into the timeline showing a scale of 62.5%?

The rendered clips definitely show 5184x3456 resolution in the Project window. I would expect to be able to scale these clips to roughly 75% to fill a 3840x2160 frame side to side (albeit with some cropping top and bottom).

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a fix, or is it a limitation of PP? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Problem with Downscaled DSLR Time Lapse in 4K Timeline
by on Oct 9, 2015 at 4:03:47 pm

pixel aspect ratio?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]