ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Capturing Discrete Audio Channels From HDSR Deck

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug ThompsonCapturing Discrete Audio Channels From HDSR Deck
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:03:38 pm

Adobe Premiere CC 9.0
MAC Operating System: OS 10.10.5
AJA Kona 3 capture card
Sony SRW-5800 HDSR deck

Spent a week attempting to solve this problem. I now turn to the cows for assistance.

I'm experiencing difficulty capturing 8 discrete mono tracks from an HDSR source. I have been using Final Cut Pro for years, finding the capture interface fairly straight forward; however, adobe's capture tool is throwing me through a loop when it comes to audio track selection and capture. I'm looking to replace Final Cut with Adobe Premiere but Can't make this move from Final Cut to Premiere until I can confirm that Premiere has the capability to capture discrete mono tracks.

I have made the following adjustments in my project preferences:

Once I log my clip to be captured the audio metadata appears as followed: (stereo mapped to 2 mono)

Stereo mapped to 2 mono is what the clip is logged as however my goal is 8 individual mono tracks so my next move is to modify the clip by selecting the "Edit Offline" option and selecting "Multichannel"from the Audio Format drop down box. (note: selecting "mono" yields the same issue)

With "multichannel" selected the audio metadata appears simply as "Adaptive". Next, I modify the clip "Audio Channels" as followed:

With the audio channels now modified my clip audio metadata is displayed as "Adaptive mapped to 8 mono"

Next, I batch capture my clip, thinking Premiere will capture 8 discrete audio channels, however once the capture is complete the audio metadata to my clip switches to "4 stereo mapped to 8 mono."

Is there an error in my steps or settings here? If so, a little guidance will be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]