Multi Channel Audio Issues in PP CC
Dealing with an issue for about 4 days now - and I'm at my wit's end. Basically, I'm exporting a show in Apple ProRes HQ for a major TV network, while trying to follow the below guidelines for their audio format. I'm a total audio-idiot, so I need a real step-by-step here, or else I'm going to miss my delivery deadline.
* the guidelines on the right, with 4 channels.
The complaint I keep getting from the client is that "both the full mix and the m&e tracks are mono without stereo separation".... so this is this issue I cannot seem to solve.
I have tried COUNTLESS varieties of settings in Premiere Pro to achieve a video with that - but every export seems to turn out some wacky version of what I need.
To clarify, I need;
- A video file (Apple ProResHQ)
- 4 channels of discrete audio
- Channels 1&2 are dialogue separated in left and right channels.
- Channels 3&4 are music/effects separated into left and right channels.
* everytime I export, I either get a FULL MIX (dialogue,music,effects) on channels 1&2 and music/effects isolated on channels 3&4... mixes where the dialogue is separated but ONLY in the right channel. Countless strange varieties of what I actually need.
To be more clear - here has been my process...
1) Export the video, dialogue, and music and effects separately as audio stems in mono.
2) Open premiere and start a new sequence
3) Select XDCAM HD422 as my sequence preset, choosing the 24p option
4) Move over to the tracks tab, and set the following...
5) Drag and drop my clips into the timeline ... and open the mixer -
6) Do my EQ (one thing I'm noticing is that, for some reason, with channels 3&4 routed to 3&4 - I can't hear those out of my headphones? Only when I set channels 3&4 to 1+2., 3+4.... am I able to hear them...)
7) Export... I believe these are the settings that should steer me in the right direction...
However, I can't seem to lock down what they're looking for? Any guidance would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Thanks everyone...