ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sharing between Macs and PC's

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch JordanSharing between Macs and PC's
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:11:14 pm

We are adding a PC to our shop of MacPros all connected by servers, but I've run into a few problems. I was wondering if anyone else has already tackled these issues and can give us some solutions.

We normally have saved our media as ProRes. I downloaded the ProRes codec for the PC, and I can see the ProRes422 files fine. However, I get an error message with ProRes 4444 files with an alpha channel on the PC. Doesn't the ProRes codec for PC include 4444? Also, I can't write to ProRes from the PC. What codec do you like to use to share between PC's and Macs? I can use H.264, but I was looking for something more lossless.

Also, Macs and PC's map their drives differently with PC's adding a drive letter. Everytime we open a Premiere Pro project on one platform that was last edited on the other, we have to relink all the media. Has anyone found a solution for that?

Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Sharing between Macs and PC's
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:42:11 pm

the Avid DnxHD codec is a good go-between for import/export between platforms.

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: Sharing between Macs and PC's
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 1:33:40 am

You might consider formatting your media drives for eFAT which works on both PC and MAC. Someone else could advise you on the naming issues.

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]