ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt HoganIssues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 6:38:42 pm
Last Edited By Matt Hogan on Oct 7, 2015 at 6:41:37 pm

I was cutting some clips with the same footage prior to upgrading to El Capitan without an issue so I'm assuming that's where the problem is. Anyone else run into this sort of thing?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:05:42 pm

I hate to be an "I told ya so," but I did post a warning NOT to update to El Capitan, right here on this forum, that came directly from one of the top dogs on the Adobe team. Sorry you leaped before you looked.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefanoRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:51:20 pm

Oh stop, you love being an I told ya so! Otherwise you wouldn't have said it ;) There are workarounds though for us guys who wanted pinned tabs in Safari ASAP, I posted below. :)

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefanoRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:48:35 pm

Instead of shaming you, how about a solution? :)

I also upgraded and that issue only happens when using OpenCL rendering. Do you have an NVIDIA card? If so, then install the CUDA drivers and change your render mode to CUDA. That works fine. Software rendering also works fine, except that it's software rendering so it's hella slow.

I'm also finding that it crashes very often when using slip, roll, etc. So beware of that too. Happy pioneering!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 9:07:58 pm

Care to step outside Dan? I'll shame that smirk off your face. :)

Just ask the folks around here how long and how often I've been spreading the word about cloning before updating/upgrading here on the Cow. It's the reason I'm the #6 poster here of all time.

If I've missed a few people in the world, or they missed my message, believe me, it's not for sake of trying on my part. And, for the record, I don't shame them, Apple handles that very nicely, all on their own. I just let them know the warning was available here, in advance, so they know who to ask next time before they click on the "all too easy" to push button Apple likes to dangle in front of its unsuspecting fanboys and fangirls.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:39:59 am

[Dan DeStefano] "Instead of shaming you, how about a solution? :)"

Yeah. Never ever ever ever upgrade your OS until the devs of the pro software you're using say it's ok, especially if you're using a Mac. Also never upgrade your software to the next full version when you're in a middle of a project.

Return to posts index

Matt LambleyRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:22:19 am

I have the same problem as well. Is there any way of fixing it, or do we just have to wait for Premiere or Apple to come out with a new update to fix the problem?

Return to posts index

Benjamin ThoumeRe: Issues with the Pause frame in both Source and Program monitor. Newly updated to El Capitan
by on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:59:06 am

Hey, I had this exact problem was driving me mad, Im not sure if this is a temporary fix until premiere get this sorted with the latest mac update but I went in to File - project settings - general - and changed the renderer from mercury GPU acceleration (openCL) to mercury software only. hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]