ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Skin Tones and Waveform Monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce MooseSkin Tones and Waveform Monitor
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:07:32 am

Hello,
I'm using Adobe Premiere CC 2015. I read that Caucasian skin tones should be anywhere from 50 to 75 IRE on the waveform monitor as well as the Vectorscope.
I've adjsuted my skin tone so that it reads 75. Later on in the same clip the person steps more into the sun and the Waveform jumps to 90 IRE. I have a matte to only show the skin tone.
Is this a problem if earlier in the clip the skin tone reads 75 but later on in the same clip it reads 90? It still looks okay to me. It hasn't changed color.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Skin Tones and Waveform Monitor
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:39:26 am

So long as it doesn't exceed 100 IRE you're fine... There are no legal limits for skin tone, the numbers you're referring to are simply guidelines.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Skin Tones and Waveform Monitor
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:03:04 pm

The skin tone won't change color, but you may notice that highlights on the forehead and nose look a little blown out. You might eat to dial it down a bit when they step into the sun if you can.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Skin Tones and Waveform Monitor
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:10:09 pm

But, those highlights will most likely look quite natural, as we do get natural hot spots when moving into direct sun.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]