ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Recording - mic input into Audition 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DoughtieRecording - mic input into Audition 2014
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 1:04:37 pm

Not much activity in the Audition forum, so I am also posting here.Everything I have been able to find in searches is kind of "aged", so I am asking for feedback on a topic that admittedly has been asked before.

System specs are in the signature. I will add that we have a BlackMagic Decklink Studio 2 card installed, a legacy from the tape days. We should be able to record analog sound through it from the Mackie 1402. We should. Settings in the BlackMagic app are correct. Yet it is not to be.

The only success I have had recording directly into audition involves using one of our wireless mic field units,with the receiver plugged into the front panel 3.5mm mic jack. This does work, but is a bit obnoxious to set up.

I am looking for perhaps a USB mixer that will accept a dynamic mic input (balanced XLR) and work with Audition, maybe even the VO insert in Premiere Pro (which is my excuse for posting here too!) A solution that can be permanently installed and simply work.

Ideas/feedback?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Recording - mic input into Audition 2014
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 3:47:18 pm

It's so easy if you simply purchase a decent USB mic - a Blue Snowball that many use is only $99. Analog mics are certainly useable through your I/O card, but that often requires supplying a video signal as well to supply sync. It's a pain compared to going the USB mic route.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Recording - mic input into Audition 2014
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 1:35:24 pm

I'll pick one of those up, thanks.

The odd thing - we do have sync to the card. Each station has a blackburst generator for the computer and decks.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]