ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can't seem to render the timeline (Premiere CC 2015)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Twan PeetersCan't seem to render the timeline (Premiere CC 2015)
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 1:44:19 pm

Hi there,

I cannot seem to render footage with a yellow bar in the timeline of Premiere Pro CC 2015. When I select a range of clips and press enter (or choose Render Effects in to out) it just starts playing back the sequence, without rendering it first; resulting in jerky playback. If I have a red bar above the footage, it DOES start rendering.

According to Premiere's manual a yellow bar above your footage doesn't need any rendering, so it will skip this process. But it does with my current timeline, and it's a very annoying issue since I can't have smooth playback right now.

I didn't have this issue with previous versions of Premiere. It would render the sequence anyway, even if it had a yellow bar.

Anyone who knows how I can render these clips so I can continue editing smoothly again?

Thanks a lot! :)

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Can't seem to render the timeline (Premiere CC 2015)
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 7:28:02 pm

The yellow bar means it may or may not play back in real time. Pressing Enter only renders effects and if the yellow bar is caused by something else (a codec for example), it won't render with just the Enter key. To render it, you need to go to Sequence->Render In to Out (or Render Entire Work Area in older versions). I set a shortcut in Keyboard Preferences (command+Enter) so I can get to it a little quicker.

Return to posts index

Twan PeetersRe: Can't seem to render the timeline (Premiere CC 2015)
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 11:21:54 am

That did the trick. Thank you so much!! You saved my day (and mood). :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]