ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

60fps motion graphic into 23.976 timeline without slowing down footage and/or creating stuttering output possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris Cummings60fps motion graphic into 23.976 timeline without slowing down footage and/or creating stuttering output possible?
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 4:20:45 am

Hi All,

Ran into a new problem creating a horizontal scrolling montage of images in AE. The renders were always jerky and stuttering. Researched it and solved this by upping the frame rate to 60fps. However, this needs to go into an edit in Premiere with RED footage shot at 23.976. As a result, any outputs again have the same jerky scrolling issue as before. I understand you can select interpret footage and change the frame rate in the timeline, but is there anything I can do if I want to retain the original length and timing the way the 60fps AE comp was created?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Chris

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: 60fps motion graphic into 23.976 timeline without slowing down footage and/or creating stuttering output possible?
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 2:02:53 pm

What you are wanting is for your 60fps clip to play back as 60fps...have that same smooth look as it does in AE...but in a 23.98 timeline. Sorry, edit software can't do that. You can't have two frame rates in a sequence and have one play at 23.98 and another play at 60fps. If you have a 23.98 sequence, any footage you drop into it will play back at 60fps.

The solution would be to have a 60fps sequence and put the 23.98 footage into that. It'll still look 23.98, but repeat frames in order to play back at 60fps. Of course this means that whatever you deliver will have to be 60fps...and that might not be what the client is asking for. Not many delivery or playback options for 1080p60 just yet. And if your deliverable is 1080p 23.98...then this won't work at all.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

chris CummingsRe: 60fps motion graphic into 23.976 timeline without slowing down footage and/or creating stuttering output possible?
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 4:18:19 pm

Thanks so much Shane - very helpful! That's exactly the dilemma. Wondering how motion graphic artists who bump into this solve it? Luckily this is for our own project - a trailer to help us pitch/raise funds. However, just checked and Vimeo won't let you use 60fps. Argh.

Anyway, really appreciate you taking time to answer and enlighten Shane!
~Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]