ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Second Source Monitor?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob PierceSecond Source Monitor?
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 6:16:22 pm

Hi Everybody,
What I'm trying to do is arrange my windows so I can log interviews in a bin. I'd like to set up the source monitor to view the audio waveform to assist in marking in and out points on the clip, but also have a second source monitor to view the video. I use this method very successfully logging in my edit suite where I have external video, but I'm trying to set up a second system that's computer monitors only.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bob Pierce

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Second Source Monitor?
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:27:15 pm

That is a nice way to log interviews. Not sure how you would do that in PPro given you can only gang the reference monitor to the Program monitor. I log everything in Prelude. Big fat waveform display just made for what you're looking for.

Return to posts index

matthew de JonghRe: Second Source Monitor?
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 2:45:58 am

I'm not sure if is the same thing, but my video card supports two monitors

The first one is for everything and the second one just shows the video output from premiere

To do this you just go into the premiere preferences and it's in there, it shows my second output device and I just select it and it starts working right away

Hope that helps

Matthew

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: Second Source Monitor?
by on Oct 3, 2015 at 2:04:03 pm

Thanks for your input, Guys. I'll give prelude a try.

Matthew-
We are on Macs, so we have 2 computer monitor capability. What we're trying to do is have 2 source monitors so we can view audio waveform and video simultaneously. Seems like a simple thing that ought to be possible but haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks!
Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]