ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

El Capitan and Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve ConnorEl Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 1:48:50 pm

So today is launch day for El Capitan, does it work well with PPro? or should we be cautious about upgrading just yet?

Return to posts index

Sam LanesRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 2:13:32 pm

I would always let other people find out any problems that might occur with an OS upgrade. The only way I would try it is if I had a spare, non-mission critical machine which can fail without dire consequences.

Return to posts index

Jesse CoaneRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 2:40:29 pm

it's really buggy. hold off until it gets patched. running the GM and get a bunch of these artifacts.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1896385?start=0&tstart=0

Director / Editor
http://www.jessecoane.com
@jessecoane

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 4:41:38 pm

There is really never a reason to upgrade operating systems right away on a computer that uses professional applications. Give it time and let other people find the bugs.

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:27:30 pm

Hi Steve,

There's a few known issues with OS X 10.11 and Premiere Pro. I would not recommend updating yet. Please keep a lookout for the Premiere team announces those fixes.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Steve ConnorRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 7:51:41 pm

Thanks Peter, PPro is running very smoothly on both my systems, don't want to do anything to disrupt that :)

Return to posts index

Enrique RuedaRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Oct 1, 2015 at 8:17:01 pm
Last Edited By Enrique Rueda on Oct 2, 2015 at 2:42:32 pm

I always do as everyone else and wait in the sidelines for reports. Well I did not do that this time. I got El Capitan and testing all the Adobe stuff I use.
Starting with Premiere CC-2014: There is a weird artifacts in the sequence video display window. Looks like multiple layers of colors all mixed, like a bad multicolor printing job. As soon as you play all is fine. When you scroll in the sequence timeline all is well. as soon as yo stop the artifacts on the monitor window comes up.

Basic staff in Dreamweaver is working as usual. All the settings I had are there. No issues here.

Flash is also fine for basic stuff. I was able to open older files and they are fine.

Fireworks is responding as usual and was able to create quick graphics but it is running normal.

Illustrator is also fine. as is Audition.

Return to posts index

Victor OsakaRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Oct 6, 2015 at 4:49:31 am

I upgraded my MACPRO quad 2009 with 10.11 yesterday. Running CS6 everything. With PPro, it has a serious "cursor" lag. When I drag or move an object or scrub I have to literally stop my position and wait a full second for it to catch up. Video Playback is choppy at best. Even if I make the video composite video frame small it still stutters. But, I noticed even QT plays choppy. AND movements on the desktop are not smooth. I'm running both a GeForce GT 120 and an Radeon HD 5770 BTW. I upgraded now because I just finished a big job and taking a break. May have to roll back my OS.

Return to posts index

Joel FedererRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:36:00 pm

I am having the same (or similar) scrubbing issue in my timeline and preview window in PPro after updating to El Cap - If I scrub, it takes several seconds for the playhead to catch up. Very annoying. I really did not want to upgrade, but unfortunately I was told by my company's I.T. department that I had to due to a planned email migration to Outlook :-(

Adobe, please help!

Return to posts index

Jesse ChandlerRe: El Capitan and Premiere Pro
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 4:07:43 pm

Most definitely completely broken. DO NOT UPDATE YET!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]