ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Cutting clip = re- render??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony FaulknerCutting clip = re- render??
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 1:55:47 am

Hi,
I'm fairly new to Premiere pro CC, having just switched from FCP7. I have this issue and I wonder if anyone can help.

Hi Have a fairly heavy composite clip, Lots of filters on the keyed clip with animated backgrounds making the render time about an hour. The issue I am having is that I need to trim the starts and ends of the video and add an outro logo.
I can trim all the five video/ image layers and there is no re-rendering required, but if I try to trim the bottom layer (a psd) it will set the entire sequence to red and require re rendering.
I can add a fade to it no problem, I can change layers, no problem. But if i use the razor, or shorten it the entire thing needs to be rendered again.

Very annoying given the amount of time that I have to sit while it renders again.

Any clue as to a way around this?

Return to posts index

anthony FaulknerRe: Cutting clip = re- render??
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 2:42:14 am

Thank you for posting that. Actually that is fairly helpful. Although it doesn't address my original question. It certainly has saved me a little time on the output stage of things.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Cutting clip = re- render??
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 10:41:15 am

Sorry, I must have been going too fast....

Let's say you actually output a master without the intro and outro adjustment as a clip.

then use the clip as a source adding only the intro and outro....

as needed...

not ideal....but it should work....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Cutting clip = re- render??
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 10:53:04 am

Premiere Pro with preview render an entire defined area or sequence as a clip, and it does cause one to wonder sometimes just what constitutes sufficient change that the stored render is no longer suitable and a re-render is triggered. It does seem as if trimming usually works fine but any change within the span of a clip itself (trimming/cutting one layer of several that are composited together, etc.) will usually cause the entire clip to require a re-render.

Alex's idea was what I would typically do in these cases...it saves some time.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

anthony FaulknerRe: Cutting clip = re- render??
by on Oct 9, 2015 at 1:36:53 am

Yeah, that would work. Thanks.

It is strange, and does not seem to make sense to me. I'm sure to someone deep in the heart of adobe it makes perfect sense...

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]