ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Transitions between 2 clip by using object

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan YuenTransitions between 2 clip by using object
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 8:06:53 am

I cant find anything in the search, but is there a way to do a custom transition such as if a person walks across the camera, and using that person to move on to the next clip in premiere? Or do I have to do that in AE? if so how?

here is a link to a example at 3:24, a person walks across and they cut to the next clip. If its something like a tree i can mask that, but how would i change the mask shape as the person walks across? at 1:13 a flag crosses and the mask follows the waving flag.

any help would be appreciated, first time posting so sorry for any messups

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Transitions between 2 clip by using object
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:11:26 pm

In Premiere, you can keyframe a mask path on the opacity of your clip. I personally would do it in After Effects because I find the masks more precise and a little easier to work with, but it can be done in Premiere if you want to keep it all in one program. If the transition is quick enough, you can sometimes get away with it not being a perfect mask.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Transitions between 2 clip by using object
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:14:44 pm

Since it's not clear from the link I posted, I should add that this technique is done frame by frame. So draw your mask, set keyframe, move forward one frame, repeat. It usually isn't more than 15 frames (and often less), so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]