ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting video on premiere pro CS4 to windows media player - video comes up as red box?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lydia GrantExporting video on premiere pro CS4 to windows media player - video comes up as red box?
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 8:39:01 pm

Using windows.
I have been trying to export my video, the video doesn't show. The only thing that shows up is a red box with 'media offline' in white writing. Thoroughly frustrating.

Does anybody have any insight?

By the way, I'm new to this software so please be kind with the code terminology etc.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Exporting video on premiere pro CS4 to windows media player - video comes up as red box?
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 2:48:47 pm

Hi Lydia. Usually, when you get the "media offline" filler, it indicates Premiere Pro cannot find the original media in the location it was expecting it.

Has the media been moved? Or perhaps a drive designation changed?

If you still have the media, all is not lost. Premiere Pro just needs to know where to find it. I do not have CS4 in front of me, so I may not have the exact menu terminology, but we should be able to get close.

Find the media clip(s) in your bin, right-click them, and select "relink". Now you can locate the original media and link it back to the project. It should then re-appear in your timeline and monitors.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]