ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export Time Doubles Mid-Export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben CraggExport Time Doubles Mid-Export
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 10:27:30 am

An hour ago, a client I'm working with messaged me requesting I export a video I've done for them so they can make sure it's what they're after

I opened my file, which is about 3m 30s long, and went to export it directly through Premiere Pro (CS6) as a H.264 360p iPhone (I think) file. (Have to use this as the file needs to be below 25mb)

Premiere Pro had an estimated time remaining of 54m 32s
I told my client to expect the video in about an hour and a half just in case the ETR increased, which it does every now and then.

An hour later, the ETR is sitting at 01:30:16, which only drastically increased once the video hit 45% Complete
What I'm wondering is, why did it drastically increase randomly, and why doesn't Premiere Pro give an accurate ETR?
Also, are there any ways to decrease the time it takes to export a file?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Export Time Doubles Mid-Export
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:06:10 pm

I would guess that you hit a point in the timeline that has some effect or other manipulation that is a harder process...

The reason the projection is inconsistent is that the projected time appears to be calculated based on the time it takes to build the current frame multiplied by how many frames have to be exported.

The process itself has no idea if 100 frames from now there is a 4 layer deep, green screen keyed, cropped, color corrected, dynamically linked AE comp, so it assumes those frames will take as long as the current frame, which may be largely unprocessed with a lower third...so it has to recalculate.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Ben CraggRe: Export Time Doubles Mid-Export
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 3:56:44 pm

Ah ok, thank you! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]