ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Creating a sequence in Premiere Pro CC2015 adds blank space at the beginning of sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew WinterCreating a sequence in Premiere Pro CC2015 adds blank space at the beginning of sequence
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:41:15 pm

I am making sequences using merged clips from a dual A/V system. These are dailies with sync audio.

Since the sound rolls before audio, there's obviously black at the beginning of the video once I've synced. I've put in and out points at the beginning and end of the video to just leave the black out.. who wants black with just the crew talking?

Here's the weirdness. When I create a new sequence with these clips, it spaces them out THE EXACT DISTANCE of the prerolled sound between each clip. But nothing's in there! And I marked ins and outs anyways, so the sequence should be JUST what I included between in and out.

I've even tried it with just one clip. It leaves a big gap at the beginning of the sequence the exact distance of the prerolled audio. Every time. I have to ripple delete the empty space for each clip.

Not killer if you're doing this 1 time. But I'm working on a feature, and it's super time-consuming to do that for 50-100 pieces of media a day.

Return to posts index

Andrew WinterRe: Creating a sequence in Premiere Pro CC2015 adds blank space at the beginning of sequence
by on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:02:31 pm

Never found a solution to this issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]