ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Project Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark NorgateProject Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 9:42:46 am

I'm using the project manager for the first time trying to consolidate some projects. I'm not transcoding or even trimming any files, just copying the 15-20 clips in a short sequence but the progress bar gets to about 50% and hangs there forever more. The footage is largely native RED files and comes to about 25GB in total, the sequence is about 40 seconds long.

Here's my settings:

screenshot2015-09-24at10.34.30.jpg

Any advice? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Curt AshRe: Project Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 3:58:10 pm

Hey Mark,

I'm having a similar problem right now. I'm trying to consolidate and transcode a 2 minute sequence to send to our online house so they can finish it. I keep getting to the point where it starts to copy media and then it just sits there for hours. In fact, I left last night and came back this morning and Premiere was still copying media. It was up to 1.35TB of copied media for a project that it was estimating the new size would be 2.35GB.

Did you ever find a solution or a work around. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on the latest version of CC2015 running OSX 10.9.5. I"m gonna attempt to attach a photo of the settings I'm using.

Thank you!

Curt Ash
Senior Editor
Committee Films
Minneapolis, MN
committeefilms.com

Return to posts index

Mark NorgateRe: Project Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 4:31:30 pm

Unfortunately not, I tried to transcode as well but had the same problem. Not ideal but in the end I took the half-completed consolidate and figured out what was missing and copied them across myself. For me it was only a handful of clips but I guess others wont be so lucky.

Return to posts index

Ben MarcheskiRe: Project Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 2:18:03 pm

Curt-

Are you using RED footage as well? How did you transcode/import your original source media?

- Ben

--------
Ben Marcheski
media hype creative
http://www.mediahypecreative.com

Return to posts index

Curt AshRe: Project Manager hangs when I try to consolidate - any advice?
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 7:08:23 pm

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the late reply. All our footage has been transcoded to ProResLT. After the transcode, an Assistant Editor imports all the footage into the project and organizes it for the Editor. I'm not sure if they click and drag footage into the project, import through the Menu, or use the media browser. I'm starting to wonder if Premiere has a preferred way to import media though. Any thought?

Thanks for you help!

Curt Ash
Senior Editor
Committee Films
Minneapolis, MN
committeefilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]