ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Latency

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee SchneiderAudio Latency
by on Sep 23, 2015 at 11:15:49 pm

I just purchased a new monitor and my synch is off. I'm running the most current version of PProCC on a year old MacPro. Coming out of the Mac into a PreSonus Firestudio. The audio is ahead of the video playback and I've been searching all over in the preferences and can't figure out how to adjust the latency and bump the audio back a bit. Obviously it's driving me nuts! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lee

Return to posts index

Simon BillingtonRe: Audio Latency
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 12:58:05 pm

Have you tried setting the FireStudio as the Master Clock on the Audio Hardware preferences??

Return to posts index

Lee SchneiderRe: Audio Latency
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:13:58 pm

Yeah I have the FireStudio set as the Master Clock. I've tried a lot of things, just can't figure it out... and of course it's a nightmare to try and edit this way. lol

Return to posts index

Simon BillingtonRe: Audio Latency
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 1:14:19 am

As a work around, you try placing a delay plugin on your master out, fiddle with it until the Audio falls back into sync.

Oh, if you do that, remember to bypass it when you want to render out.

I'm getting the impression the problem may jot be audio, but there is lag time for with the monitor. Perhaps it's the type of cable used, but I don't really know what your options are.

Return to posts index

Lee SchneiderRe: Audio Latency
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 12:45:26 pm

Simon, that's a perfect quick fix workaround, thanks. It's definitely a monitor issue as my previous one didn't have a lag. I just purchased a 4k monitor and have it connected to the MacPro via HDMI and there's probably a better way to connect it, so I'm all ears if you have a suggestion. Thanks again!
Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]