ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Poor legibility of hand written documents when imported

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave FickasPoor legibility of hand written documents when imported
by on Sep 21, 2015 at 6:55:58 pm

When I import handwritten (or small text:12 pt.& below)documents into Premiere CS6 the legibility is lost. The scanned documents look sharp when opened in Windows Photo Viewer, but not in Premiere. What's the solution?

O.S. = Windows 7

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Poor legibility of hand written documents when imported
by on Sep 21, 2015 at 8:55:23 pm

What kind of files are you importing, and are you viewing the images at full resolution in Premiere?

Return to posts index

Dave FickasRe: Poor legibility of hand written documents when imported
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 7:19:21 pm

The files I'm importing are .jpg. The documents were scanned by the client at 300dpi. You asked if I'm viewing the documents at full resolution in Premiere. I didn't know there was any other way to view them in Premiere. Regardless, they look awful in Premiere and awful when turned into a video on DVD.

Dave

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Poor legibility of hand written documents when imported
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 7:50:57 pm

DPI is meaningless in video, that's a print measurement. DOTS PER INCH. PIXEL DIMENSIONS are what matters. 1920x1080....3000x2000...stuff like that. Video is 72dpi, but really, if you bring in a 4000x2000 picture with 5DPI, it'll look better than 430x240 at 600DPI.

So pixel dimensions are what matter.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Poor legibility of hand written documents when imported
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 8:25:05 pm

[Dave Fickas] "The files I'm importing are .jpg. The documents were scanned by the client at 300dpi. You asked if I'm viewing the documents at full resolution in Premiere. I didn't know there was any other way to view them in Premiere. Regardless, they look awful in Premiere and awful when turned into a video on DVD."

Both the viewer and the timeline window have quality setting drop down menu underneath them (full, 1/2, 1/4, etc.,).

Also, DVD is only 640x480 so anything with fine detail is going to turn to crap compared to what it looks like in HD (or great than HD if it's a picture or scanned image).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]