ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

using/panning nat sound that is only on right side of stereo src track

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Doughertyusing/panning nat sound that is only on right side of stereo src track
by on Sep 18, 2015 at 4:25:11 pm

I am working with b-roll that has a single stereo audio track, nothing on the left side, sync sound on the right. I want to add this to my timeline so that it is mono panned center, but how?

When it comes to interviews that are boom and lav. I modify the original stereo to make 2 mono tracks before editing into timeline, so I can manipulate them independently. But in this case this procedure seems like overkill as I just want to pan nat and center aka make it mono. I'm willing to put all the nat sound on it's own track of the sequence and manipulate (pan ctr) there if need be.

I've done a fair amount of nat sound editing in the seq already and would not look forward to having to modify every src clip (making 2 mono channels) and having to matchback/relay everything.

Again where there are 2 unique tracks in a stereo src going to 2 mono makes sense but seems so tedious to simply pan a track to make it mono.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Sep 18, 2015 at 6:31:23 pm.

Mike BuckhoutRe: using/panning nat sound that is only on right side of stereo src track
by on Sep 18, 2015 at 6:32:49 pm

You can right click on the audio clip and select Audio Channels... to disable the channel you don't want, but the remaining track is still stereo and will be panned. Maybe then you can just export as mono audio?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]