ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Video editor needing to purchase laptop

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ran O'KeefeVideo editor needing to purchase laptop
by on Sep 18, 2015 at 12:53:44 am

Hi Folks,
I have a budget of AU 1,500 (give or take) and I am needing to purchase a laptop suitable for video editing and some basic animation and graphics.

I will be using Premier pro and Creative suite mainly.

I understand the specs will need to include:
Quad core i7 processor
16GB RAM
Large internal SSD drive
Quadro mobile GPU?
15inch hi res or 17 inch screen size
USB 3.0 ports
HDMI video output

Working in television we were supported by technical staff when it came to our edit suites so to be honest, I haven't much technical knowledge! I now am moving into remote work and need something powerful, reliable and mobile.

I've used both PCs and Macs and while I do prefer Macs...I don't like the price tag.

I have read that the Dell XPs 15 (not the use 4k model) isn't bad.

Can you help with any specific recommendations or examples of what to buy?
Thanks in advance!

Miranda

Return to posts index

Robert NewtonRe: Video editor needing to purchase laptop
by on Sep 19, 2015 at 6:25:38 pm

I just bought this laptop (literally, THIS one) ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371410466632?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageNam...

... and I'm very very happy with it. USB 3.0 ports all the way around. I'm using it with Premiere CC 2014 and 6000 clip mega project. It's scrubbing like butter through all clips. Not crazy about Win 8, but I'm coming around. My first SSD drive, and I'll never go back. Also have been doing a lot of AE work as well as 3D. All feels as fast as my big desktop workstation.

Best news is, it's lighter than my old MacBook Pro. Unbelievably light. Also just very solid feeling despite being so light. QHD screen doesn't suck either.

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]