ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

First keyframe of transform/motion makes clip jump off center (SOLVED)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie SchneiderFirst keyframe of transform/motion makes clip jump off center (SOLVED)
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 3:38:06 pm
Last Edited By Natalie Schneider on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:08:27 pm

EDIT: See my reply for my solution

I've been trying to add pan and zoom to a bunch of projects using an adjustment layer and the transform effect. (I have come across the same exact issue when using the normal motion on a clip as well).

Sometimes when I try to key in the pan and zoom, it makes the first keyframe be just plain wrong.

here is what i mean:
Normally the whole clip is centered in the frame as such:

But when you go on the first keyframe, it moves the whole clip down an arbitrary amount, despite the fact that the position has not changed.

EDIT: It seems that it is somehow related to the sequence itself; when I paste in an adjustment layer that worked on one sequence, it broke in the same way on the sequence that was having trouble. And when I do either motion or the adjustment layer on the sequence as a whole in a different sequence, it is fine. Additionally, I have no problem using motion itself on clips in the sequence. Deleting and replacing the adjustment layer has no effect either.

I'm running windows 10 with adobe CC 2015, but I've had the same exact issue running CS6 with windows 7.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I couldn't find anything about it, and figured it best to ask here wile it was easy for me to document the problem.

I'm running on:
i7 2600k at 3.4,
GTX 560ti
16GB DDR3 1300
120 GB SSD Boot drive,
4TB SSHDD internal footage drive

Return to posts index

Natalie SchneiderRe: First keyframe of transform/motion makes clip jump off center
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:07:43 pm

>>>SOLUTION<<<
I have solved the issue on my own: The problem was that the sequence was in 1.333 Pixel aspect ratio, but both the footage and the adjustment layer were at 1.0. I changed the sequence and had no further problems.

If it's alright with everyone else, I'm leaving this up just in case anyone else encounters this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]