ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Media offline after export!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie AllenMedia offline after export!
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:49:08 am

Good morning,

I've edited three simple conference videos and included the speaker's slides via a recorded .mov file. I have an AE lower third and an opening animation.

I"ve rendered my sequences and everything exports beautifully.... except the actual video footage. I get the red Media Offline screen (and no audio) everywhere the video should be.

The footage was shot on a Sony PMW-300. I've had a horrible time getting footage off the client's exFAT drive formatted by a MAC. I'm on a PC. My system has been locking up when I try to bring over most of the graphic movie file or some of the video clips.

Could these files be corrupted in some way?

All I need to do is export these videos for use on YouTube. Any suggestions?

Julie

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Media offline after export!
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 1:20:59 pm

Perhaps you might transcode a segment, and see if the problems abate. If so, it may be a codec issue. Do you know the codec used for the files you have?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Julie AllenRe: Media offline after export!
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:08:57 pm

Hi Jon,
I don't know the codec for the raw Sony files, but could probably check. (I'm a new editor by the way.) I'm trying output for YOuTube using the 1080p HD preset. I haven't tried exporting to anything else, yet.

Thanks,
Julie

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2015 at 8:29:26 pm

I apologize, Julie. I probably wasn't real clear in my explanation.

I'm thinking that you might take the original Sony raw footage, load it into Adobe Media Encoder, and transcode it to something your system might find easier to deal with.

If you look under the Broadcast presets, for example, you'll see a folder named "DNxHD MXF OP1a". YOu will dins subfolders in there for different HD resolutions, scans, and frame rates. In each of those subfolders you will find multiples settings - DNX 145, DNX220 and DNX 220x. The smaller the number, the more compressed it is - smaller file size. Pick one with resolution, scan, and frame rate that matches your original footage and convert the footage to that setting.

Then try that converted footage in your project in place of the original footage and see if the problem disappears.

System:
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
256GB SSD system drive

Return to posts index

Julie AllenRe: Media offline after export!
by on Sep 17, 2015 at 9:36:49 pm

Thanks Jon,
I'll give those settings a shot. I did try, this morning, to import a clip into Media Encoder and it told me the file was corrupted, although I had used it in a sequence. I see what you mean, though. Just because I can import it into a timeline doesn't mean it will export, I guess.

Hopefully my husband was able to convert them in his copy of Vegas.

Just curious, do you think my using Windows 8 could be part of the issue I'm having?

I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2015 at 2:13:51 pm

I can't really say whether your OS is part of the problem. But if yous system works fine except for this singular issue, it suggests that Win8 is not part of the problem.

Let me encourage you to add your system specs and software version information into your posting signature. Having that information immediately available will often help folks diagnose issues.

I occasionally read about other folks having trouble accessing material from exFAT- formatted drives.

System:
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
256GB SSD system drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]