ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Edward RozzoExporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:41:46 am

I'd like to give a client just the copies of the clips I used in their final video. Can I copy these files somehow from Premier? Do I have to manually find each clip or can I create a copy of the clips used which I could then give to the client.

Return to posts index

Mike BuckhoutRe: Exporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 2:20:23 pm

In what form will the client want the clips? As stand-alone movie files? A premiere project file with just those clips in a new sequence?

Return to posts index

Joseph Edward RozzoRe: Exporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 2:29:47 pm

Hello Mike, first, thanks a million for answering my plea! I wanted to give the client a copy of the original clips from my archives, but, obviously, I shot far more than I want to give back to the client. So I told them I'd give them a Premier 2014 file and the connected files, but then I realized that it's not like being in InDesign, where you say, "Prepare a Pack for the Tipographer" and the program does the rest. I didn't want to physically track down each original file in my HD e copy it, so I was wondering if there was some way to select the right files automatically and copy them onto a USB key to give to the client together with the Premier file so that if the client wanted to use not only the edited clip but more from the original, he could just make the clip longer or shorter like we do when we edit.

In the end, not finding a solution, I simply saved the edited Premier file with a new name, elongated each clip, took away the audio (which they didn't need) and exported an mp4 in Full HD with a high bitrate. So I've gotten out of my corner, but IS there a way to automatically SELECT the clips that are being used and copy them in some kind of batch?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Mike BuckhoutRe: Exporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 2:40:10 pm

It sounds like the feature you are looking for is called "Project Manager". Basically you make a new sequence (or sequences) with all the elongated clips for the client, then go to File > Project Manager..., select that sequence(s), and check the options to collect files and copy to new location. You can read more about it online I'm sure, but that's the way to go.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2015 at 4:43:59 pm

Thanks again Mike, very kind of you, and thanks to Adobe for confirming your method. I'll try it in the next couple of days so i can get the procedure into my work habits! Thanks to both once again!

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Exporting copies of clips used in Premier 2014
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 3:55:42 pm

What Mike said. Also, since you only want the clips copied, make sure to uncheck the "Include Audio Conform Files" and "Include Preview Files" under options.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2015 at 4:44:41 pm

thanks Trent, I'll try this out asap!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]